An Opay POS agent is a merchant who is registered to use Opay, also known as Paycom, which is a licensed mobile money platform in Nigeria. The Opay POS (Point of Sale) business provides a range of services that allow agents to carry out financial transactions, such as receiving and transferring money, purchasing airtime with discounts, subscribing to TV service providers, and earning commission.
Check out more:
The Opay app also allows agents to carry out deposits and withdrawals for customers, pay bills quickly and send and receive money from any bank or supported mobile money service. In summary, the Opay POS business provides a variety of services that allow agents to facilitate financial transactions for customers, and earn commissions and discounts.
- An Opay POS agent is a merchant registered under Opay, also known as Paycom, a licensed mobile money platform in Nigeria.
- The Opay POS business provides a range of services that allow agents to carry out financial transactions such as: receiving and transferring money, purchasing airtime with discounts, subscribing to TV service providers and earn money as a commission, carry out deposits and withdrawals for customers, and pay bills quickly using your Opay account.
- Agents can earn commission and discounts by using these services.
- The Opay app allows agents to send and receive money from any bank or supported mobile money service.
Requirements for starting an Opay POS business:
You need the following to register your Opay business;
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Utility bill not older than three months
- Valid means of identification
- Passport photographs
How to become an OPay POS Agent:
- Visit the play store to download the Opay app
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an OPay merchant registration form. Alternatively, you can also log into the Opay app or the official merchant website here and choose the Merchant application icon.
- Input your correct details
- Upload all the required documents
- Submit your application form for review.
- All further instructions will be spelled out to you for you to know how to proceed next. You should get feedback within 2 working days.
HOW MUCH IS OPAY POS TERMINAL?
The Opay POS is free for agents who have built a good transaction history with Opay, but they must have a caution fee of NGN20,000 available in their wallets.
After the approval of the POS terminal, the caution fee will take effect. For new Opay agents who can’t wait to build their transaction history, then they can buy an Opay POS machine.
The prices are below;
- NGN50,000 for OPay Smart POS
- NGN35,000 for OPay Traditional POS
- NGN8,500 for OPay Mini POS.
Once the customer has obtained the POS terminal and set it up, they can start conducting transactions with customers. The fee for transactions is as low as 0.5%, which means that for every transaction, the merchant would only be charged 0.5% of the total amount. This is a relatively low fee compared to other service providers and can be beneficial for small businesses.
How long will it take you to get an OPay POS?
- New Opay account owners cannot apply for a free Opay POS machine.
- You must have been a customer who has accumulated a good transaction history on your OPay account.
- You can then submit your POS request and the Opay team will review and process the request within 24 hours.
- Once they approve your POS terminal request, an Opay staff will contact you to come and pick up the terminal.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
I am a crypto hobbyist, i offer Tips and Reviews on the best blockchain technology, crypto assets, emerging fintech trends, Country flags, banks virtual accounts, and the best Paying Legit Networks.
Check out my Latest Articles in the Following Categories here:
Cryptocurrency Payment System Countries Credit Card Reviews